Wednesday 1 February 2012

Day 82 - December 13

Met up with Julie, her boyfriend, Nicholas, and their friend Ben at the museum. I was hoping to see the rest of the museum today since I didn't get to finish it all last time. I started off in the animal exhibit and made my way to the human mind and body section. I liked this section as I was familiar with most of the explanations of the brain and such from all the psychology courses I took in University. It brought back some memories.

Even dinosaurs...
...get to celebrate...
...Christmas too!
But not Prickly Dogfish. They're Buddhists.

This is me in the Ames Room experiment.



After the museum, we walked down the street towards Lygon street (which is known as 'Little Italy' because of the many Italian restaurants) for dinner. We ate at Michelino's Trattoria where they made pizza in a firewood oven. I ordered the Siccia pizza which had eggplant on it, I love eggplant. The pizza was really salty though. We all ordered a pizza and shared it amongst each other. There was also a mediterranean, prosciutto pizza and another that I did not have a chance to taste. Nicholas was mentioning that in Italy, people do not share their pizza. They only order for themselves. Interestingly enough it was his pizza that I did not get a chance to try haha.

When we finished dinner, Ben had to meet up with his girlfriend for a movie. Nicholas recommended a chocolate place beside the State Library to have some drinks and sweets. It was called Maxx Brenner. I ordered a Intriguing Trio dessert (3 layers stacked consisting of white, milk and dark chocolate) and a hot chocolate with mini waffle balls. I couldn't even finish the dessert, so much chocolate!


We talked about the Harbour Kitchen and how the business could be run better. We also talked about each other's background. Julie and Nicholas were students before they came over on a working holiday visa (they are both 23 years old). I think that after university, it's the best time to go somewhere on a working holiday visa. Nicholas was saying that he travelled and worked during the spring and summer breaks when he was off school. I wish I did that. I would've been able to see more places.

No comments:

Post a Comment