Wednesday 28 December 2011

Day 62 - November 23

Went to see the Tutankhamun exhibit at the Melbourne museum. Purchased a student ticket for $26.50 and also watched the extra 3D show. The exhibit was all about King Tut. To sum up his story, he was pretty much the youngest Pharaoh ruling at the age of 9. He made his people happy by reversing several changes made during his father's reign. The people worshipped him as a god. He died of unknown causes at the young age of 19 (1323 BC). His tomb, located in the Valley of the Kings, was discovered almost completely intact. It is the most complete ancient Egyptian royal tomb ever found. The only thing not shown at the exhibit was King Tut's tomb. It is resting in the Valley of the Kings. Seeing this exhibit makes me want to go see the actual tomb in Egypt.
This is a duplicate of King Tut's remains at the museum.
I also saw Australia's first computer. Check out the stats of it in the photos.




Afterwards I decided to check out Smith Street. I passed by a Vietnamese restaurant and suddenly had a craving for pho. Haven't had it in at least 2 months, which is a rarity. The noodles were different, slightly wider and they gave me a lemon instead of a lime, but still delicious.

I passed by an Asian bakery and saw a giant 'daan tat' (egg tart) and had to buy it. It turned out to be custard, but still pretty good.

Also passed by a Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man. Click here to see why it's funny.
African American? Hail a cab.
Raise the roof!

Got a text from Grace that Burn was fired. I texted Meg the news and she called me instantly. She was as happy as I was. 
Walked to Joe's house, where Jenn and Paul used to live. They left a bike lock behind for me. Took the bus back home from Joe's house then rode my bike to Coles. Bought ingredients to make spicy butter chicken with onion, carrots and potato. One of the best dishes I've made in Australia so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment