Tuesday 6 December 2011

Day 50 - November 11

Worked a 12 hour shift from 9:00am-9:00pm today, cha ching! Luckily Burn was leaving early today. I can't stand that woman. Though I tried to be the bigger person and made an effort to talk to her today. It seemed okay and she seemed receptive.

Cal and Meg were also working today. Cal left for Sydney, his hometown, after his shift. He changed into a purple velour shirt and it looked like he had lipstick on. PK told me that he was scared of Cal, I think I am too haha. He's a really weird 18 year old boy.
For the rest of the night it was me, PK and Sheldon working.

Sheldon, 21 years old, is from Toronto. His hair cut is similar to James Dean. He came to Melbourne around the same time as I did. He's currently staying at a hostel where he works 16 hours in their cafe to pay for a weeks stay. That's actually a good idea, but only if you don't mind sharing a dorm room with other stangers. He told me that he woke up once to a girl slipping into his bed. She was drunk. He wasn't sure who it was as it was really late. He told me he reached for his laptop to use his screen as a light to see if the chick was good looking or not. After he saw her face, he was satisfied and slept with her. Guess that's one way to meet your best friend chlamydia.

James Dean, whoever that is....
They're like Pokemon, 'Gotta catch 'em all'.

We usually start packing and cleaning when happy hour is done, around 7:00pm, but there was a group of 8 brown guys that kept buying drinks. I think they were engineers, so they had a lot of money to spend. Their bill at the end was around $650 for alcohol. Some of the drinks I poured them were double shot of Zambucca and lemonade and shots of Patron. The reason why we stayed past 7:00pm was because Grace actually brought the bottle of Patron to their table and started taking shots with them. Each shot was $12.50. She sold half the bottle. It was funny since Grace never drinks and now she's shooting Patron. Afterwards she said she felt dizzy and had to sit and take a rest. Oh Grace, ever the business woman and will do whatever to make more money.

My everyday view from work. That's the Bolte Bridge in the background.

No comments:

Post a Comment