Wednesday 7 December 2011

Day 53 - November 14

Ugh, another short shift from 10:30am - 2:00pm. I decided to walk to Melbourne Central station since that's where I mostly shop for my groceries and it's also where my bus stop is. This time I walked up Lonsdale Street towards Melbourne Central. Only thing that caught my eye was a travel agency. They had a lot of booklets on sight-seeing around Australia. I grabbed 10 different ones so that I can start planning the rest of my Australia trip.

Guess I should show you my home. The house has 3 bedrooms, 1 living room, 1 kitchen, 1 laundry room, 1 toilet room and 1 bathroom (no toilet).

1 - This is the front entrance to the house, to the left would be the entrance to the living room, straight ahead is the door to the toilet, to the left of that is the hallway to the kitchen, to the right of the toilet door is Zeena's and Nicholas' room and immediately to the right is my room
2 - If you turned left from the front entrance, you will enter the living room. There are doors for our living room. To the left would be the tv and fireplace, in front and to the right are couches.
1

2
3 - The tv and fireplace. Also, if it's raining outside, we dry our clothes inside by the fireplace.
4 - My room. If you must know, my blanket pattern includes the moon, sun, stars and saturn. I also have my trusty radiator.
3
4

5 - My office desk where my laptop usually sits. I also have a really old crt tv hidden underneath.
6 - My drawers and shelving unit. My shelving unit is also my junk food storage area.
5
6

7 - This is the other corner of my bedroom. There's a chair with my huge travel backpack on top and some clothes.
8 - The toilet room. That's all there is in this narrow room. There is no sink.

7

8

9 - The sink and bathtub are located next door in this room. Weird.
10 - The showerhead is in the middle of the bathtub, not on the end. Even more weird. The ducks on the shower curtain have a giant 'X' for their butthole, not that weird, okay maybe just a little.
9
10

11 - The entrance to the kitchen, which also has a door. Straight ahead is the mircowave and refridgerator. Immediately to the left of that is Raul's room.
12 - The other side of the kitchen, where the sink is. The door, straight ahead, leads to the laundry room and to the backyard.
11
12

13 - The other, other side of the kitchen.
14 - Our ancient stove to the left, which needs to be lit like a BBQ. We turn on the gas for the stovetop and light it with a manual spark. Straight ahead is what you'll mostly find in all houses in Melbourne, a coffee machine. That machine saves lives. It can give you CPR, only it doesn't breathe air into your mouth, just delicious lattes.
13
14

15 - This is the doorway to the laundry room. There's a small room to the left where the washing machine is and straight ahead is the way out to the backyard. The orange bin is full of Oscars food and his food dish is beside that. That's his dinner table, only there's no table. Dinner floor will suffice.
16 - The laundry room, only there's no dryer. Melbournians like to try and save the planet so they try and save money by drying clothes with the sun. Side note - There is a hole in the ozone layer above Australia. That's why the heat is more intense here.
15
16

17 - The backyard. Zeena likes to plant a lot of things. It's actually not a bad garden.
18 - Our 'Little House on the Prairie' style clothes dryer. I'm pretty sure I can connect with outer space with that thing. To the right is our patio furniture.
17
18
A lot of the stuff in this house is either donated to Zeena or she found it on the side of the road. A lot of people leave their unwanted items on their lawn. Then people like Zeena come by and just take it away. It's very common here.

Another edition of Overheard and Lost in Love from the daily mX newspapers.

I second what 'Truth' said, who doesn't?!

No comments:

Post a Comment