Friday 25 November 2011

Day 36 - October 28

I came into work and there was another new trial worker, Megan from Regina. 'Shut up Meg', was all I thought haha. Cal passed his trial day as he was also working.  Near the end of my shift, after I stocked the bar, a new girl came in for her trial. Her name was Maggie. I didn't really get a chance to talk to her as grace was training her.

After work, I went home to drop off my laptop and went back to the Dennis train station to wait for the CBD bound train. I was meeting up with Jenn and her friends for cheap pizzas. While waiting at the train station, 2 guys that looked like Mormons were waiting there as well. They said hi as I beeped my myki pass, I also said hi. I walked a couple of feet away. Then they both follow me and the one guy asks me what I was up to, then asked where I was from. He was surprised where I was from because he's from Cardston, which is 2 hours south of Calgary. He's been here for 14 months on a 24 month mission. His name was Elder Olsen. Elder is the title for full-time missionaries with their surname to follow. I was waiting for when he was going to pitch god, then bam!, right on cue. I told him that I believe there may be a higher power, but that I'm more of a 'see it to believe' person. I told him that I respect that he's helping people see god, but that I wouldn't be one to rush to church anytime soon, and he understood that. He gave me a card with more info on Jesus and then he left. Very nice guy of course. It was a nice chat while I waited for the train.
 
I met Jenn at the Asian Beer Cafe where they have $4 pizzas and $10 jugs.
The pizza we got wasn't as sexy as the one shown, that's false advertisement.
 It was Amanda's going away party as she is leaving to go back to Niagra Falls, Ontario to take her dental hygiene courses. When I got there, I met Amy, Alison (from Ontario), and Luke (Australian) whom was dating Amanda.
We talked about blue waffles as only Alison and I have only heard of it. We showed the rest of the group and took their reaction shots.
Amy - Obviously enjoyed the picture
Jenn - Not sure what she just saw
Amanda - Thinking she may have saw that somewhere
Amanda, Jenn, Alison

Paul heard of it, but didn't want to see it. He also told about 'one guy, one glass' which I've never heard of (but it doesn't sound like it's family friendly material).
Paul, me and Luke
Alison and I talked about her job here as a school teacher. She was telling me about how the school system here is crazy different. I asked how it was different and she responded that even if kids don't hand in their assignments and fail all their tests, they still pass!!! Crazy!! That type of education system will surely collapse.


No comments:

Post a Comment