Tuesday 22 November 2011

Day 34 - October 26

Got paid today, in cash. When Grace handed me my money, it was folded in a little baggie, like we were in a drug deal.

Had another delicious lunch outside. A ship also sailed by the Harbour. Yo ho ho and a bottle of rum.

I helped Grace in developing a flyer to print out and hand to the construction workers that were working down the street to entice them to come in to our cafe.
Wouldn't be a work day without Burn complaining about Dolores of course. At the end of the day, Burn complained more to Grace.



Bought a tea leaves storage container from T2 for my chocolate chip chai. Also went to Coles to shop for some groceries, and by groceries, I mean junk food, lots of it. For those of you that thought I would lose weight on this trip, you thought wrong. 2 bags of potato chips, 3 chocolate bars: Nougat Honey  Log, Cadbury Whip, Cadbury Flake, 2 Tim Tams: Dark chocolate Rum and Raisin and Dark Chocolate Mint. Anything chocolate and mint is one of my favourite flavour combinations.



I passed by some Coke bottles that now have a new tagline on it: 'Share a coke with ___'. They have the weirdest names like Lachlan, Bianca, Hayley on them. Are these popular Australian names? Or does Coke not want you to share at all? I see they have Jake, the only common, normal name. I looked for my name, but apparently it's not weird enough to print. Close by the coke shelf was the a lot of vegemite bottles. I haven't tried it myself, so I can't comment on it yet.

Really? Lachlan? Of all the names in the world
 
 
 
 
 
While waiting at the bus stop, I saw some of my old friends. I haven't Soju in awhile. Mixed with apple juice, the alcohol is deliciously dangerous. Finally, something that is cheaper here than in Canada. I think it's between $12-$14 per bottle back home.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Pasta, the staple food for poor people




I wanted to spice up my pasta sauce tonight, so I added minced garlic, diced onions, diced tomato, sliced mushrooms and added ground beef. All that was poured over penne pasta, then I added shredded cheese on top and chilli flakes. I microwaved the bowl so that the cheese would melt. It tasted soooooo good.



No comments:

Post a Comment