Tuesday 22 November 2011

Day 35 - October 27

While I was walking to work, I got a missed call from Grace. I called her back knowing what she called for. It was 10:30am and on the schedule it said I started at 10:00am, but yesterday, before I left work, she said for me to start at 10:30am the next day. Anywho, I was there for 10:30am shift. They thought I ditched the job.

Just as I thought, Dolores was fired this morning at 10:00am. That's too bad, she was nice, but she did seem miserable.
A new guy showed up, Houston from New Zealand. It was his trial day. There was also another guy named Cal. Houston was friendly, plus he was really efficient. Cal didn't talk a lot, but he was a hard worker, but had an awkward posture. He looked like he was going to fall over forward when he walked.
It was sunny again for my lunch break. I sat by the water. While I was eating, seagulls were circling me. One of them came pretty close to my plate of food.  

Don't even think about it bird


I went home to drop off my laptop then head out to dodgeball. There was only 4 of us that showed up. We got the referee's brother to help us sub, he looked about 15 or so. When he told me his name was Genesis, I said "Like the Sega Genesis?", he probably had no idea what I was talking about, geez I'm old.
Released in 1989

He was pretty good at dodgeball though. I've seen him before last week watching us play. He did a lot of suicides (he would jump over the centre line and throw the ball to hit the opposing team to get them out but he would also be counted out as he stepped over the centre line (hence the name suicide). You would only do this if there was only one opponent left and we had 2 or more of us still in. I did a lot better than last week. I caught a lot more and got a lot of people out. I did so well that when I actually got hit and sat out, the whole opposition team was overjoyed and all yelled out that I was finally out haha. In the end, the score was 16-3 for us. Too easy. I told 16 bit, my nickname for genesis, that he is now a permanent sub for us.
Sara was nice enough to offer me a ride to the train station again. Sweet, cause it was pitch black outside and the gym was located down a dark street with no lights.

While I was walking home, about a block away from my house, I saw a van with its side door open and when they drove past me, they were throwing something at me. Two objects flew past me. In front of me were 3 guys at a bus stop and I asked them what those people were throwing and they pointed to the bus stop glass to show me that it was eggs!! I almost got hit by 2 eggs!! WTF? The guys told me that they may drive around again as that was the second time they drove past them. I said that we should throw stuff back at them, so we looked around, but couldn't find anything. I did think about running home to get my eggs, but then it might start something bigger that may lead to violence. No need for that.
Remnants of the eggs on the street

When I got home, Raul, Zeena and Nicholas were all sitting in the living room having a conversation with a Spain chick on skype about renting Rauls room. Raul is going on a trip for a couple of months starting on November 20. They thought that they might as well rent it out for the time that he is gone so that he can come back to live here again without having to pay rent for the months that he is gone. I said hi to Naomi on the camera. She was really friendly and cute. I hope they let her rent the room.


No comments:

Post a Comment