Tuesday 22 November 2011

Day 32 - October 24

Worked from 10:30am - 4:00pm. Lots of drama at work. The 2 girls, Burn and Rhiann had something against Dolores. I overheard Burn mentioning to Grace that she liked me because I work hard, but didn't like how Dolores was lazy. I do my job cause I don't want drama. I'm there to make money, use the money to have fun, then move on when I'm done with Melbourne. Though I could see myself living longer than a couple of months here, I don't want to make the mistake of staying too long in one city and missing out on the other places (a regret that a lot of other backpackers have).

The drama started before I even got to work. Apparently Dolores was being yelled at by Burn and Grace earlier and burst into tears and said 'I can't take this, I'm going for a smoke'. Burn and Rhiann pretty much bashed Dolores behind her back all day, it was getting ridiculous. She's probably going to get fired.





For lunch I had salad with avocadoes, pumpkin, olives, cheese, tomato, with balsamic vinegarette and chicken curry on a bed of rice. It was too cold  to sit outside as it was really windy. If it's already windy in Melbourne, it's double the wind speeds around the harbour area.






I was determined to find the Asics 2160 in black with red laces so I called all the foot lockers in Melbourne for the shoes. Figures that I finally found my size when I called the 13th store, out of  14, in Melbourne. The guy said he would hold it for me until tomorrow close. Sweet!!

On the way home, I picked up a Kit Kat cookies and cream. So goooooood. Came home to clean some more. We have a system at the house where every week, someone is designated to either throw out garbage/recyclables or do the cleaning (vacuum, wipe down the bathrooms and kitchen). There's only 2 chore titles per week and this week was my turn to do the cleaning. Since I did the garbage/recyclables last week, it means that after this week I get 2 weeks of doing nothing.



No comments:

Post a Comment