Monday 18 June 2012

Day 152 - February 21

Worked the morning shift with Pujan and Dhiren. Dhiren was a cool guy from England. Relaxed like me and had a good sense of humour. I got along with him very well. I made a lot of coffee and a couple of ham and cheese toasted sandwiches. They call these sandwiches 'toasties'. It's a sandwich that is put in a grill, like the George Foreman Grill, so that it's pressed flat and becomes crispy. I made a lot of these sandwiches in Melbourne at the Harbour Kitchen Cafe.

Today was also my first working shift at Outback Jacks's. I worked with Ashley (the manager), Emma (server), Celeste (server) and Paige (food runner). All girls, sweet!

Ashley gave me a tour of the place. Celeste already did that last time, but I just went along with Ashley. Then she told me that Celeste would be training me. I didn't feel that I needed more training as I served tables on my own when I came in last time for the trial. I think that it's smart for Australian restaurants to do trials for new people to see if they can actually handle/do the job. In some, if not most, cases, it's better than a resume.





No comments:

Post a Comment