Sunday 3 June 2012

Day 144 - February 13

Worked my first shift for 3 hours at AMF. Sharon, the other worker in the cafe, and Kylie, the F&B manager, taught me how to use the till. I was mostly shadowing Sharon on what she was doing. I also did a lot of reading of the companies manuals and procedures. They have a lot to go through. Everything was pretty straight forward though. The 3 hours flew by and I was done before I knew it. The crappy thing is that I have 5 more of these 3 hour shifts before I can actually be considered full time. It was company policy.

My position is in the cafe. Here I would be making coffees, serving alcohol, and making food, such as hamburgers, hot dogs, nachos etc. With the burgers, they come with lettuce, tomato, grilled onions and a slice of beetroot. Australians love their beetroot. They also don't like eating raw onions like Canadians do. It has to be cooked. Also, they call burger fixings 'salad'. For example, they would order a hamburger and ask for salad inside the burger.  





No comments:

Post a Comment