Friday 28 October 2011

Day 17 - October 9

I checked through my emails to see if any responses came back from applying to jobs. I got one email that said she was interested in meeting me. It was to be a ship coordinator where I would be responsible for 5 ships that transport workers to offshore rigs and I would take care of the roster for the ships and for the well being of the crew. This made me contemplate about quitting Energy Australia. The in-your-face sales just didn't fit my style. After asking for advice from my sister, which she is really good at, I decided to quit. She said that if I'm not having fun, then what's the point. Simple as that.

I called up Mel and told her that I quit. I told her that another opportunity came up. I apologized to her and told her that she was an awesome mentor and that she was a lot of fun to hang out with. She understood and told me to keep in touch.

After that phone conversation, I felt a big weight being lifted off my shoulders.

For the remainder of the day I just decided to hang out at home and rest. Oscar the tailess cat was also resting.
His eyes are kind of cross eyed, I was disturbing his slumber
I wonder what he was dreaming about. Looks like he was working out or something.

No comments:

Post a Comment