Friday 28 October 2011

Day 16 - October 8

Today is Jenn's thanksgiving dinner! I said I would be making a dish like Forest and Jennaay - peas and care-rots. It was a pot luck and Jenn was making the chicken as the main dish as it is very difficult to find turkey Melbourne. I got there at 5:00pm as dinner started at 7:00pm. I met a house mate of theirs, Joe, from New Zealand and a friend of Jenn, Amanda from Niagra Falls. Everyone else arrived about 30 minutes later. Another girl, Hailee, was from Saskatoon and a random guy that Jenn met on the tram the other day, Robbie, was from P.E.I. That pretty much sums Jenn up there, very friendly and inviting. You can't get any kinder than her. One girl, Shelley was from New Zealand and the other 3 girls, Regan, Natalie, and Emma, were from Australia.

There was a lot of food; Chicken and stuffing, mashed potatoes, broccoli and cauliflower, marshmellow salad, yams,gravy, salad, peas and carrots, cabbage rolls, buns, pumpkin pie and pecan pie.

Homemade pecan pie
Homemade pumpkin pie
We planned to eat at 7:00pm, but we actually didn't start eating till 8:15pm as a lot of people had to warm up their food before serving. There were only enough chairs for the girls to sit at the table, so the guys just stood by the tables to eat.


Back Row: Me, Jenn, Paul, Amanda, Robbie, Joseph
Front Row: Natalie, Shelley, Emma, Hailee, Regan
Hoping this Koala didn't have syphilis
Most of the night, the girls talked about massages with happy endings and blue waffles (I wouldn't google that if I were you) and such. I think Regan said something about guys who work as massage therapists and give happy endings to women if they wanted. Where do I sign up? Then they started talking about how Koala's can get syphilis. I held a Koala bear before, and I used the same toilet seat as him, does that mean I have it too?

While the girls talked more about their sexual stories, the guys talked about how we should listen more closely to their sexual stories. Then we talked about movies, tv shows, and how inner bush towns of Australia are really dangerous for foreigners. Apparently they are racist. Recently at a bar at a small town, two Irish men were beat up and left to die in the bar bathroom and how they both crawled out of the pub to call for help, while everyone else was just partying as though nothing had happened.

The party lasted until about 12:30am. This was perfect as the last train that goes back to Northcote (pronounced 'north-curt', not 'north-coat' or 'north-co-tay') was in 30 mins. I took the tram with Robbie, as the tram took him straight home in North Melbourne, and the tram took me to Flinders station to take the last train home.

Tram
Train
Flinders Street Train Station











No comments:

Post a Comment