Wednesday 23 May 2012

Day 135 - February 4

Whilst (Australians use this instead of while) I wait for the phone call from AMF, I decided to explore more of Perth. I Googled things that I could see or do for free. One website said to check out Heirisson Island. I took the bus to the CBD and started walking toward the island. On the way there, I passed by Queens Garden and hung out with the animals for a bit. Saw those giant Australian Pelicans again. I think they're following me and are toying with my mind since they know that I can't comprehend how ginormous and unreal they are.


Also saw some Black Swans with its cygnet.

Peter Pan statue in the park.
Looks like he's smoking weed...
I walked to Heinisson Island which is located underneath the Causeway bridge that takes you to the CBD. The islands sits in the Swan River. It had gates to keep in the Grey Kangaroos. I walked along the laid out path that is 2 km long and goes around the island. Other than the kangaroos, there wasn't much on this island. Pretty much like an open park, couple of benches, shrubs and trees.
It was pretty hot out. Obviously the kangaroos would be in the shade, deep in the bushes. I looked through a couple and finally found them. I found 7 of them just lying around. They were desensitized to humans so you could go up and pet them, or annoy them.






No comments:

Post a Comment