Sunday 15 January 2012

Day 67 - November 28

Met up with Julie at the Immigration Museum. It's usually $10 for admission, but free for students. Lucky I had my trusty UofC student card... from 5 years ago. We read about the history of Melbourne. I passed by two very good quotes:


This describes me when I first landed in Australia.
Excellent quote!!
I learned that at one point in history the Australian government banned anymore asian immigrants as there were too many arriving. That later changed.

When we walked up to the next part of the museum we saw awesomeness:

Using our creativity...
There were a lot of really well made aircrafts.
Here's my airplane, represent!
Julie made an addition to a hot air balloon.
Time to put mine up.
In the middle of it all.
This is a real menu from a 1902 ship to Australia.
They had Alberta pudding for dessert. Wonder what that tasted like... oil and gas?
After the museum, we had a coffee break.

We almost went to this place, but 20% wasn't enough.
One of my favorite photos I've taken.
Not sure what I was looking at.
Cappuccino art.
After coffee, we met up with Alice, Julie's friend that she trained with for her job at L'Occitane. We headed to the Vegie Bar. It was my second time there, first time for the girls.
My pumpkin soup.
Yummy noodles.
Yummy salad.
Yummy rice.
Alice about to destroy the salad.
Always caught off guard.


No comments:

Post a Comment