Thursday 26 April 2012

Day 117 - January 17

I went to the State Library of Western Australia, as all smart travellers should do. Got myself a library card so that I could use the computers and print out my resumes.
Wasn't very big for a state library.
After I printed out my resumes (one was geared toward office jobs and the other toward hospitality), I walked the busy streets of Murray Street and Hay street. This was the heart of Perth CBD (Central Business District aka Downtown). It was where all the shopping was downtown. I wasn't dressed to apply so I did some window shopping and also kept my eye out for stores that had 'help wanted' signs.

I remember that getting public transit cards are always convenient than paying cash everytime I use the bus or train. I went to the main train station on Wellington Street and William Street and bought a SmartRider card. It costed $10, but it's worth it since you get a minimum of 15% off the regular rate if you paid with cash. Plus, if you use it on the trains and travel within the CBD, it's free. There are also free buses that run in and around the CBD area. The buses are called Central Area Transit (CAT) buses. There are three of them: Yellow CAT, Blue CAT and Red CAT.

Meow bus
Map of the 3 free CAT buses.

Check out their webpage if you're ever in Perth, www.transperth.wa.gov.au. It'll save you money, especially if you live in or around the CBD area. 

If you're reading this as a traveller and may have some questions, you can email me, Alex, at stinkypickleman@hotmail.com. We can also discuss the origins of my email too if you'd like haha. 




No comments:

Post a Comment