Monday 23 July 2012

Day 163 - March 3

Started my shift with Josh. He says that saturday mornings are always busy because of the mentally disabled league. He was right. We had a lineup in front of the cafe for about an hour. There were coffee orders and food orders and only 2 of us in the cafe. We needed 3 people: 1 to take orders and payment, 1 to make coffees and 1 in the kitchen to make the food. It was a bit difficult with 2.

Dhiren, from England, came in at 11:00am and that really helped us out. I was also telling him that Josh was freakin out and he said that's just how Josh is haha.
Once it died down a bit, I practiced on my latte art.



I decided that I would ride my bike as much as I can from now on. After my shift at AMF I rode to Outback Jacks instead of taking the bus. Took about 45 minutes. It just sucks that it's so hot and I'm wearing a backpack that my back becomes sweaty.

I started work at Outback Jacks at 6:00pm. By about 7:00pm, there was about 7 of us working. Ashley, the manager, had 2 people come in for trials. I trained 1 of them, Ellie. She didn't need too much training as she's served before. She just needed to practice on which dishes come with extras and stuff. Most of the dishes come with a choice of chips (french fries), mashed or baked potato.

Ash, one of the AMF maintenance guys, and his friend came in. The day before I told him he should come in and visit me at Outback Jacks. He was telling me about AMF and how it's being reshaped by Judith, the current centre manager, and how it's pissing some people off. Ash is one of the few cool people at work. He's nice to everyone and does his job. Something so simple, but yet not everyone is capable of doing that at AMF.

Ash's friend also worked with AMF but at the Rockingham location. I was asking him if it's possible to get a bowling ball. He said for sure. Brand new too. I was joking since there's no way I'd be able to take that on a plane and my own stuff. I'd be way over the limit. Then he said he would send it to my house in Canada. He would also add in a bowling pin. Super awesome!
I had a great bike ride back home. There's something about riding a bike down an empty street with few street lights and bright stars in the sky. Very relaxing and theraputic.






No comments:

Post a Comment