Monday 23 July 2012

Day 161 - March 1

I missed a call at 11:30am from AMF to come in early since they had no one working in the cafe. I actually received the message at 2:00pm when I topped up (recharge) my sim card as my plan expired yesterday. You can go into a monthly contract with the cell phone company or do a pay-as-you-go. I went with Optus as that was the best plan fit for me. I bought a sim card with them then I buy a $30 recharge voucher for my sim card every month as it expires every 30 days or if I run out of minutes, whichever comes first. I never run out of minutes, since not a lot of people call me in Australia, but also because I picked a good plan. I also bought another SIM card with an overseas plan where it charges me $0.05 per minute. So if I call home, I switch to my long distance SIM card (which obviously has a different number as well).

Worked with Josh again. I was putting out some feelers as to see if he also cooks food for himself to eat or if he's a straight arrow and pays for everything (as we are supposed to). He also cooked food and ate it without paying. Sweet!
I made fries and chicken strips for myself for dinner. That would've regularly cost $8 for 3 chicken strips and a small batch of fries, but not for me! Now I can save on lunch/dinner money while I work here mwa haha.

Tiarna bought a nutella pizza from across the street and shared it with all of us. It was actually pretty good. The top and bottom crust was a thin layer of crusty pita bread with nutella in the middle. Good stuff.
Mmmmm... Nutella pizza....

Josh and Tiarna... keepin it real...
This was also my first closing shift, but it was pretty much the same thing as closing any restaurant: Clean dishes, restock food and drinks, mop floor, help yourself to a drink to take home heh heh heh.







No comments:

Post a Comment