Thursday 12 July 2012

Day 157 - February 26

One of Nick's friends, Dave, moved in. He is only staying for 3 weeks then going back to Christchurch, New Zealand. He moved because he couldn't stand his current house mates. They got a dog and just leave it on the balcony. They don't walk it.  Dave was saying it just runs in circles and barks. Stupid owners. They should have no right to owning a pet if they can't take care of it properly. The house mates also don't pay their bills on time and just keep racking up debt. Not a good sign.

He moved into my old room which has just double mattress and a wardrobe.
Went to work for 6:00pm. Worked with Emily, Angela and Ashley (the manager). By the time it was 8:30pm, it was just Ashley and I, team Canada. Though she is from Montreal, she had a mixed accent of Irish and Australian. Kinda weird. I think she might have picked up the Irish accent because there are A LOT of Irish people in Perth.

There was a drunk guy that came in and ordered a steak. When the food was ready, I think he stumbled out. This counts as a walk out and apparently it comes out of our tips. Plus our tips were split amongst all the workers. This sucks as I got a $10 tip from one person who said I gave them great service. $10 is like huge since they don't tip in Australia. What makes it worse is that the workers are trained to skip the tipping section on the credit card machine. We don't even give the customers the chance to tip if they wanted to. This super sucks! I might not skip that part for the customer next time and see what happens.
We kept the steak in the kitchen under the heat lamp, in case the drunk guy came back. He didn't. At the end of my shift, I split the steak with one of the kitchen people. Even though it was medium done, the steak was still soft. It tasted awesome!

I was done at 10:00pm and started walking to my bus stop by the State Library. While I was walking there, I texted to see what time my bus would be there. It's an awesome idea. Calgary should do that. All you have to do is text the transit number the bus stop number and it will text you back the next 10 buses that would arrive. I got a text back that said 'no buses are available at this time'. Ah crap! With no cash on me and only $8 in the bank, I walked.
Never been this broke before haha
Haven't seen a Baskin Robbins since I was a kid.

I google mapped the time it would take and it said 1.5 hours. No problem.
It actually wasn't that bad of a walk. I had my headphones in and walked the quiet streets of Perth while the weather was around 18 degrees.
Just missing my horse.











No comments:

Post a Comment