Friday 13 July 2012

Day 159 - February 28

Worked the morning shift again. This time I was by myself. Then Judith, the manager, told me that they have a student that is on a work experience program and that I was to teach him what we do in the cafe area. His name was Glen. I taught him the basics of the cafe: making coffees, sandwiches, burgers, hot dogs, etc. Easy stuff. He's a good kid. He thought I looked 20. Sweet, still got the asian youth. He has family all over the world: Canada, States, India, Australia. I told him that travelling the world will be easy for him because of that.

Sharon had an idea of making gravy yesterday but we didn't have time. I made it today. Then I made a poutine, which no one knows what it is. Not exactly the same as how Canadians do it, but it'll do for now. Made it with curly fries too.
Mmmmm substitute poutine....
It sucks being on as 'casual' staff because management can change our schedule and they don't check if it's okay with you. They changed it and it interfered with my Outback Jacks shifts. AMF changed it and gave me more hours, so I'll have to call Ashley and tell her that I can't come in for 2 days. That sucks. I don't like telling work that I can't come in, especially when I told her in advance that I could work those days. That's life in the hospitality business I guess.
DJ Brett took the bus up to Dianella, where I lived, and we went to watch Underworld: Awakening. The movie wasn't that great. It had some obvious plots in it and a lot of one liners. Afterwards we chilled back at my place where he met Dave. We talked for a bit. Brett's thinking of coming to Canada after he gets married, but before he has kids.
Brett also talked a lot about politics and the economy. He's in the import and export business so I think he has to be up to date with some of that stuff. Not my cup of tea for conversation, but I don't mind listening to some interesting things.




No comments:

Post a Comment